The Indian BMI Calculator is a simple tool that allows the user to calculate the Body Mass Index. Where BMI is a number that represents weight with respect to your height and also an indication of whether you have a healthy weight for your height or not.
Checkout: Bank Loan Interest Calculator
How to use Indian BMI Calculator?
The BMI calculator can be simply used by following the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: Enter your weight in kg in the first field.
- Step 2: Now provide your Height in centimeters in the second field. (Note: if you don’t know your height in centimeters then convert it by using the Feet-inch calculator provided with the tool.)
How to check your BMI in Indian BMI Calculator?
By providing your height and weight in this tool, you can easily get your BMI. Now by comparing the BMI data with the table attached to the tool. you can find out whether you are underweight, normal, overweight, or obese.
- BMI less than 18.5: This shows that you are underweight and you need some food and nutrients.
- BMI lies between 18.5 to 24.9: This means your weight is proportionate according to your height. which indicates your health is good and normal.
- BMI lies between 25 to 30: It shows that your weight is a little bit heavy compared to your right. So to reduce them you need to do some physical activities and might have to follow a health-conscious diet.
- BMI greater than 30: This means you seriously need to cut some weight otherwise it can cause some serious health issues in the coming days.
How to Check BMI i.e. Body Mass Index?
There are two different ways to check our BMI. The first way is to do it by using an online tool called the Indian BMI calculator which is available here. And the second way is to do it by using BMI Chart, that is available here or in a fitness magazine. To use the BMI chart, we have to look at the weight and height accordingly to check our BMI.
Checkout: Auto Loan EMI Calculator
Reasons to Use Indian BMI Calculator
There are numbers of reasons that, why we should use a BMI calculator.
- Indian BMI Calculator helps us to determine whether we are healthy or not according to our height. Later on, it reduces the risk of developing a number of serious health issues that include High BP, Heart Stroke and etc.
- Indian BMI Calculator also tells us if we are losing our weight in a healthy manner or not.
- Indian BMI Calculator also tells us if we are gaining weight in a healthy way or not.
- BMI calculator directly tells us, whether we are underweight, obese, normal, or overweight. by looking into it we can control our weights.
Overall Indian BMI Calculator is a very useful tool that helps us to monitor our weights and also ensure that we have a healthy weight.
Benefits or Advantages of BMI Calculator
There are many benefits or advantages of using a BMI calculator for health-conscious people. Some of the significant benefits of the BMI calculator are as follows:
- The primary benefit of the BMI calculator is that it will tell you whether your weight with respect to your height is healthy or not. This information is important just because the overweight or obese signal will indicate that this can lead to many health issues including diabetes, high BP and etc.
- By using BMI Calculator you can check your weight loss progress very easily. with this information you can stay on track with your weight loss goals.
- Another major benefit of using a BMI calculator is that it will help you to set your own weight loss goals as per your need. If you are overweight then losing some weight in a healthy way is a great thing that needs to be done to you.
Limitations or Dis-Advantage of BMI Calculator
On the one hand, there are many advantages of the BMI calculator, on the other hand, it also has many disadvantages and limitations, which are very important for us to know.
- Not Perfect for Body Fat: It’s not a perfect tool to measure body fat. Sometimes BMI can overestimate the body fat in muscular men while it can also underestimate the body fat who has extra around their waist.
- It does not consider different body types: Sometimes BMI can tell you short people are generally overweight and a long people can be underweight. But in reality, the situation can differ from reality.
- There is no relation between BMI and Age: People are searching across the internet for BMI for Men or Women or for Children with Age, but in reality, the BMI has to nothing to do with age or gender. A 15 years boy and a 35-year-old lady can have the same BMI, whereas the lady might have overweight.
With the help of this Free Indian BMI Calculator Tool, you can check your BMI very easily and quickly. Further, if you have doubts, queries, or feedback related to this tool, then let us know by commenting down below. We will make sure to reply to each and every comment and also make sure to improve this tool.
Q: How is BMI calculated in India?
Ans: Simply provide your weight and height in this tool to calculate your BMI.
Q: What is the normal BMI for Indian males and females?
Ans: Between 18.5 to 24.9 is a good and normal BMI for men and women as well in India.
The Article written by the indoGeeks Team is well researched from different sources. Do let us know any typo or other kind of error by commenting down below. It will help us to make this internet a good and error-free source of information for the community.